The Senior Estimator will lead a team of Estimators and Estimating Coordinators to perform pricing and bidding of projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs using company format and coding for CSI division systems.
- Solicits and maintains communications with subcontractors and vendors.
- Prepares subcontractor bid packages.
- Transmits addenda and other bid information to subcontractors.
- Ensures that we have the proper coverage from subcontractors 1 day prior to, and on bid day.
- Contacts supply houses to obtain additional subcontractor bids 1 day prior to bid day.
- Shows creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors.
- Submit 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline – or sooner – no exceptions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field
- 10 plus years of experience in commercial construction – base building experience a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Building Connected preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required to sit for long periods of time. Infrequent light physical effort required.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
- Must understand the influence of market conditions on pricing.
- Takes ownership of projects/clients – managing up and down.
- Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
Bognet Construction provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.